LINUX-L 2007

Re: connection monitoring?

"Allen S. Rout" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:59:09 -0400

text/plain

>> On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:59:33 -0400, Bill Merriam <[log in to unmask]> said:

> have you looked at

> ClientAliveInterval 120

I think it's the inverse of that problem: my simple shell sessions
stay alive for weeks and weeks, as I'd expect.  I can unplug my entire
router/cablemodem structure, and fart around with recabling for a few
minutes, and (so long as I wait a minute or so after re-plugging) I
get normal response time.

It's the Emacsen which die overnight.

My smokeping is showing a very very regular period of higher latency,
but none of it is where I figure sessions should die.  Grump.  I need
to start ssh -v ing all of it.

- Allen S. Rout