LINUX-L 2007

Re: OLPC demo @ UF this Saturday

Dan Stoner <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:35:35 -0400

text/plain

> The OLPC project is an ambitious project to equip the world's children
> with a uniquely designed laptop powered by Linux and open source
> software.

Not that the idea of the hand-crank computer isn't cool... but
I'm curious whether clean drinking water for all children would be more
useful to them than a laptop computer.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/16/technology/business2_futureboy0216/index.htm

Lately I've been saddened that so much effort goes into projects such as
OLPC but there is a lack of movement to effect really important social
change.

- Dan