LINUX-L 2007

Re: Chaining certs / shared ssl

Jeff Lasman <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:50:53 -0700

text/plain

On Monday 16 April 2007 05:42 am, Arthur Sherman wrote:

> I need to fully understand what is chaining certs and shared ssl, so
> that I could implement it.
> Googling didn't help me much, although there was a plenty of
> reluslts.
>
> Would someone be so kind to guide me to the right howto?
>
> I will implement it on CentOS-4.4 (BlueQuartz Hosting appliance)

Arthur, I don't currently run any BQ boxen, but I recall that you could
enter a chained cert on the RaQ550; can't you do it from the BQ
interface?

Or are you wondering from where you get the chained cert?

A shared cert is something you implement yourself; generally we create a
secure.example.com domain, where we replace example.com with our domain
name, and then under that domain we create folders, and give each user
ftp access to that folder.

For example, if the user's main site is:

http://www.example.net/

then you can give him an ftp account to write to the 'example.net'
inside the web-directory of your "secure.example.com" domain, and he
can call that in his code as:

https://secure.example.com/example.net/

I don't think you're up, or I'd call you.  Feel free to call me if you'd
like, but if you get voicemail try again at +1 909 266-9209, which
forwards to my cellphone.

Jeff (from the old RaQ lists)
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA  92517