]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

scp and sftp... rssh, scponly, or "other"

Dan Stoner <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:06:05 -0400

text/plain

I want to allow users to upload files using sftp and scp in a web
hosting environment.

I don't want to give full shell access.

The most popular choices (via google search) are rssh, scponly, or
chroot jail.

If you allow scp in your web hosting environments, how do you prevent
shell access?

Or... tell me why scp and sftp are silly and we should just use xyz instead.

Thanks,

  Dan Stoner
  Network Administrator
  Florida Museum of Natural History