LINUX-L 2007

GatorJUG Meeting - JRuby *Tonight*

Clinton Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:34:30 -0400

text/plain

Posting this for a friend.

--
Clint

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: OrlandoJUG <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Jun 13, 2007 11:16 AM
Subject: GatorJUG on JRuby with Robert Dempsey and Mike Blake - TONIGHT!
To: announce <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]

Folks,

Tonight, Robert Dempsey and Michael Blake will give presentations on JRuby
with two demos at Gainesville's beautiful Santa Fe Community College here in
the Swamp! These two speakers are traveling up to Gainesville from Orlando
just for YOU! Details at www.gatorjug.org

company right here in the Swamp specializing in Web2.0 websites and custom
software development. CWD is always hiring... contact Mike at

Please send a quick RSVP to [log in to unmask] so we'll know how much pizza
to get!

So, please, let's make the best effort to make a good showing for our
speakers. They've prepared for this presentation and are looking
forward to meeting you all. I know it's summer and many of you are out
of school on break, home for the holiday or other, but if you *can*
make the meeting, I encourage you because these guys a) know their
stuff and b) bring to you valuable experience that is timely and
relevant to what we do every day: develop good software!

If you need to rideshare from Orlando, it's possible. Send email to
[log in to unmask] and we'll work it out. There are overnight
possibilities in Gainesville, too. Just ask...

We'll have several raffles and you know we have good prizes! You know that's
right...
This meeting is particularly valuable to attend. Hint: books, conference
passes and software licenses…No fluff, just STUFF!

Please tell your friends and colleagues. Consider posting a flyer
downloadable from our homepage at www.gatorjug.org and forwarding this
email. (download link is
http://www.myjavaserver.com/~gatorjug/GatorJugFlierJune2007.doc<http://www.myjavaserver.com/%7Egatorjug/GatorJugFlierJune2007.doc>)

As always, I look forward to seeing many of you at the
www.gatorjug.org meeting,

Michael Levin
Co-chairman, GatorJUG
www.mikelevin.net