LINUX-L 2007

Insurance for consultants?

Hilary Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:13:34 -0400

text/plain

I work a steady part-time job. After work, I usually have a random
computer related job lined up, mostly house calls for pocket change.
However, I've recently been flirting with some larger agencies that
require contract workers have their own insurance in addition to
workers-compensation. (I intend to waive my workers-compensation.)

My problem is that I only make $2000 a year or so from these odd jobs,
and a quick google put the price of liability insurance into the $1000
range. Am I missing an obvious choice for small-time computer
consultant insurance? I'm trying to avoid asking them to put me on as
a temporary W-2 worker for 10 hours of work.

--
Hilary Miller
Computer Program Coordinator

Phone: (352) 371-6792