LINUX-L 2007

Re: Insurance for consultants?

Hil Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:11:00 -0400

text/plain

That reminds me, my current workplace outsources it's payroll through the local company "tempforce." I will go ask them what they can offer me. I'll post what I find.

--
Hil

-----Original Message-----

From:  John Waaser <[log in to unmask]>
Subj:  Re: Insurance for consultants?
Date:  Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:39 pm
Size:  1K
To:  [log in to unmask]

You can sometimes get one of the temp agencies--or any company that offers to provide tax-and-insurance services to small companies--to put you on their payroll, and contract you out. I know a small roofing contractor who does that. You might have to settle for less money per hour, and your customer will definitely pay more per hour, but you will have workers comp and other insurance, and you will have taxes taken out. Up to you whether it is worth it or not. Perhaps you should put extra effort into getting more hours from these larger agencies or, OTOH,  decide they are not worth the effort at all!