Not really a Linux position, but maybe you know somebody...
This is a TEAMS full-time job with benefits.
This position is ruler of all that is desktop support at the museum.
Mass-migration away from Windows on the desktop is not out of the
question if that's where you want to take our institution.
Florida Museum of Natural History
University of Florida
The Florida Museum of Natural History (FLMNH) is hiring a full-time IT
Tech Support Lead to provide first-class computing support for our
researchers and staff. The IT Tech Support Lead supervises one or more
desktop support technicians and manages the everyday operation of the
FLMNH help desk. This position provides support to the approximately 300
Windows and Mac computers at all museum locations.
Essential Job Functions
* Supervise the activities of the FLMNH computing help desk
* Perform all aspects of desktop computer support in a networked
* Act as Technology Purchasing and Software Licensing Liaison
* Software patching, upgrades, and security updates
* Think independently while functioning as part of the team
* A high school diploma and three years of any combination of
relevant experience, education and/or certification
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds
* A criminal background check will be conducted
If not already completed, A+ or other approved certification must be
achieved within first four months of employment.
Should be proficient in:
* Troubleshooting, repairing, and upgrading computer hardware and
* Contacting vendor technical support for fast and efficient
* Microsoft Windows 2000/XP and Mac OS X
Preferred additional skills:
* Techniques for removal of Spyware, Adware, and malicious software
* Ghost, Carbon Copy Cloner, or other disk imaging tools
* ePolicy Orchestrator
We have a casual work environment. All individuals are expected to
manage their own workloads without close supervision. This position is
expected to interact as a peer with the rest of the IT staff and must be
able to make decisions that affect every desktop computer at the museum.
Must be able to initiate new projects and lead them to 100% completion.
How to Apply:
You MUST apply through the Univerity of Florida jobs site. Reference
Expected starting salary range is $31,000 to 36,000 annually;
commensurate with education and experience.
Deadline: January 16, 2007.