]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Machine room air temperature sensor for Linux?

Brian Bartholomew <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:01:47 -0400

text/plain

Occasionally the chilled water goes out in my machine room/closet.
Today I have an old Sun with an internal air temp device that sends my
pager mail.  I'd like to decommission that Sun, and replace the air
temp monitoring function with something else.

I have not been successful getting lm_sensors working under several
versions of Linux.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive external temperature sensor with a
USB interface?  Stuff comes up on google, but I'd prefer to know of a
model that's inexpensive and already seen to work.

							Brian