]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Web-focused ticket/to-do preferences?

"Allen S. Rout" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:18:49 -0400

text/plain

>> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:51:10 -0400, Avi Baumstein <[log in to unmask]> said:

> On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 08:04 -0400, Allen S. Rout wrote:

> What? RT is all about the web interface, although its email handling
> is also rather good. It even has a 'self-service' helpdesk feature
> that allows normal folk to submit tickets and review the tickets
> they have pending.

OK, then point me at the conventional web-ticket-entry URL; since I've
already got RT running, I see no reason not to use it if it does what
I want.

> I've spent years using RT, so I can give you a little tour sometime
> if you need. There's also a pretty decent book by Jesse Vincent
> (original RT author) and crew. The Wiki
> (http://wiki.bestpractical.com) is full of useful info, but probably
> not a lot at the just-getting-acquainted level.

I'd looove that.  You should give a talk at LUG: I can help you polish
it by asking stupid questions.

- Allen S. Rout