LINUX-L 2007

Re: Upcoming install fests

Mauricio Tavares <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:38:32 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

	I've had one bad even with VC: I ordered a cuban and, after
waiting for an hour, did not get it. I had a bit of an argument with them
there and left. Weeks alter I came back for a lug meeting and did not
order anything (I decided I was there for the meeting and not for the food
any longer). Out of the blue one of them walked besides me with a cuban
and a negra modelo. He apologized for the incident, saying things were
kinda and that day, and that was not an excuse for him to be like that to
me. He also made a point to state the food and beer was on the house and
refused to let me pay for anything that night. That is class in my book.

My point is that like every other place they will do mistakes, but they
will do their best to correct it. I respect that and that is one of the
reasons I keep going back there and will always recommend them. It is too
easy to be perfect and professional when everything is fine and rosy, but
what separates a good establishment from the crappy one is how they handle
a problem or even a crisis, not how much they charge for the food or how
pretentious and arrogant they are (Hello, Sovereign? Can even your maitre
pronounce the items in the menu in the proper accent?). I bet that if you
have had the guts to have pointed out the problem in a civilized manner
they would have worked out a solution that you would have accepted (i.e.
you could have gotten some free food out of this. Maybe even beer ;).
Instead of addressing the issue you chose to hold a grudge.