LINUX-L 2007

Free Others' PCs

Jordan Wiens <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:03:28 -0400

text/plain

Florida Free Culture, the UF Help Desk, and the security team are
putting on their semesterly "Free Your PC" event at the Reitz union.
We had our first day today, from 10am-2pm and we were kept pretty
busy.  Tomorrow, I expect we'll be positively hopping.  Alligator
coverage and the fact that word gets out always tends to make the
second day spike.

If any folks are on campus and willing to help out, stop by the Reitz
Collonade any time tomorrow 10am-2pm and help out.

Every year we usually end up installing linux on one lucky person's
computer whose machine is otherwise hosed, so it's always a good
linux evangelism time too.

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer