]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

GatorLUG Meeting | 2007-10-15 | 6-8pm | Software as a Service Implications

Clinton Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:28:43 -0400

text/plain

Greetings All,

You are invited to join us at the next GatorLUG meeting in beautiful
Gainesville, Florida.

Virtually Cuban on 13th street runs drink specials for our meeting. Imported
stuff is $3, domestic stuff is less. Come early and eat some really great
Cuban food. Meetings are always free and open to the general public.

More information about GatorLUG: http://www.gatorlug.org/node/10

If you can't make it in person, listen to the audio stream here:

http://www.gatorlug.org:8000/
GatorLUG Meeting Agenda for October 17, 2007

6:00 - 6:20 Announcements / General Discussion

Free Your PC Report | Slashdot User IDs | Linux Marketshare

6:20 - 7:00: Presentation - Software as a Service (or, Why I Hate Facebook) |

Gavin Baker

Web applications create new challenges and new opportunities for the the open
source movement. Gavin will discuss the implications of "Software as a
Service" and how it relates to our traditional concepts of software freedom.

--
Clinton Collins, President
GatorLUG, Gainesville, Florida