]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: GatorLUG Meeting | 2007-10-15 | 6-8pm | Software as a Service, Implications

Gavin Baker <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:26:27 -0400

text/plain

All,

Here are some links related to the discussion tonight.

Tim O'Reilly: Open Source Licenses are Obsolete
http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2006/08/open_source_licenses_are_obsol.html

Wired: Slap in the Facebook: It's Time for Social Networks to Open Up
http://www.wired.com/software/webservices/news/2007/08/open_social_net

Latest draft of Affero GPL v3:
http://gplv3.fsf.org/agplv3-dd2-guide.html

Background on the clause not being included in GPL v3:
http://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/2007-03-29-gplv3-saas

Open Knowledge Foundation: Towards an Open Service Definition
http://blog.okfn.org/2007/09/12/towards-an-open-service-definition/

I hope you found the discussion interesting.

Cheers,

- --
Gavin Baker
http://www.gavinbaker.com/

> Date:    Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:28:43 -0400
> From:    Clinton Collins <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: GatorLUG Meeting | 2007-10-15 | 6-8pm | Software as a Service
Implications

> Greetings All,
>
> You are invited to join us at the next GatorLUG meeting in beautiful
Gainesville, Florida.

> Virtually Cuban on 13th street runs drink specials for our meeting.
Imported stuff is $3, domestic stuff is less. Come early and eat some
really great Cuban food. Meetings are always free and open to the
general public.

> More information about GatorLUG: http://www.gatorlug.org/node/10
>
> If you can't make it in person, listen to the audio stream here:
>
> http://www.gatorlug.org:8000/
>  GatorLUG Meeting Agenda for October 17, 2007
>
> 6:00 - 6:20 Announcements / General Discussion
>
> Free Your PC Report | Slashdot User IDs | Linux Marketshare
>
> 6:20 - 7:00: Presentation - Software as a Service (or, Why I Hate
Facebook) |

> Gavin Baker
>
> Web applications create new challenges and new opportunities for the the
open source movement. Gavin will discuss the implications of "Software
as a Service" and how it relates to our traditional