LINUX-L 2007

Re: Ubuntu 7.10

Eric Lavigne <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:03:56 -0400

text/plain

> My desktop at home blue screened on me a couple of days ago and rather than
> trying to fix it, I was thinking about installing Ubuntu...
>
> Any "must have's" from the repository that don't come with the standard
> install?

You don't need to figure this out in advance. You can always add more
stuff later with the Synaptic Package Manager.

> Anything to stay away from?

Not that I've found.

> How does the new version compare to 7.04?

Not worth thinking about - just use the latest version.

> I am brand new to Linux so any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Before installing Linux, make copies of any valuable information that
is stored on your computer.

Good luck.

--
There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to
deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.

                    - C.A.R. Hoare -