LINUX-L 2007

Re: UF *BSD mirror?

"N.J. Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:03:28 -0400

text/plain

* Burton Windle <[log in to unmask]> [2007-11-01 16:34:23 -0400]:
> Is there a server at UF with a public OpenBSD or FreeBSD mirror? I see
> that ftp.cise.ufl.edu has several Linux distros, but no *BSD ones.

I'm surprised that there isn't. When I was there, FreeBSD was used a lot
at CISE, including the FTP servers themselves. The former head sysadmin
was also a big FreeBSD fan. Perhaps the new owners of ftp.cise.ufl.edu
took it down?

I don't recall what mirrors servers near Gainesville are good now, but
if you have access to it, you may want to run fastest_cvsup to find a
list of decent mirrors nearby.

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas