]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2007

LINUX-L 2007

Re: Dual-DVI video card recommendations?

TODD SMITH <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:55:49 -0500

text/plain

I would definitely stick with Nvidia due to the fact that driver issues are
less likely to be a pain in the a$$ which is usually the case with ATI
(although I haven't tried any recently so they may have improved by now).  I
highly suggest nvidia if your going to be running dual displays, which it
sounds like you are.  The twinview setup is pretty straightforward and I've
been running it here at work and on my home machine flawlessly for about a
year now.

As far as models go, my home setup is running a Geforce 7900 (dual dvi).
Unfortunately, if you really want something that's native dual dvi your
going to have to pay for it.  I think the gf7900 ended up costing me around
$300+ from what I remember.  Granted, that was sometime last year so you
might be able to find them cheaper by now.

Cheers,

Todd Smith
Tower Hill Insurance Group, Inc