LINUX-L 2007

Re: OLPC...

Clinton Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:21:38 -0500

text/plain

Allen S. Rout wrote:
> I've got mine, it arrived today.  Do you have yours?
>
> http://laptopgiving.org/en/index.php
>
> They're prtty keen.
>

> - Allen S. Rout

Well, Allen beat me to it. I've got one on order and was planning to
write to the list to encourage others to consider participating in this
program.

For around $425 you will get a very innovative piece of technology and
make it possible to provide one free of charge to a child in a
developing country. $200 of the $425 is a tax deductible gift. If you
are not interested in having an OLPC for yourself there are other
options for donating to the program. Additionally, there are a lot of
programs in Alachua County that could use an OLPC. I'll help you select
one if you wish making the entire amount tax deductible.

Happy Holidays Everyone!