LINUX-L 2007

Re: File Deletion

"P. Oscar Boykin" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:30:05 -0500

text/plain

I believe that none of the commonly used Linux filesystems handle
trash/undelete.  This is handled by the file manager you might be
using, like KDE's konqueror or Gnome's Nautilus.

I believe this is how it works on windows also: explorer.exe moves the
file into a special directory and periodically that directory is
checked for old files (or after some size is exceeded) and then the
files are actually deleted.

So, (as another responder already stated), as long as the trash
folders are on encrypted file systems, everything should be fine.  If
you're using Gnome, the default trash directory is $HOME/.Trash/ , so
if your home directory is on an encrypted partition, you're okay.