LINUX-L 2007

Re: File Deletion

Jeff Lasman <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 00:51:19 -0800

text/plain

On Sunday 30 December 2007 08:13 pm, Matt wrote:

> So, if I have
> created an encrypted file system within a file and mounted it all
> using TrueCrypt and then deleted a file or folder within that
> encrypted volume, would the file still be encrypted? I want to say
> yes since the file is not actually moved into a trash (area which
> might not be in the encrypted volume), only a log of its deletion is
> kept there.

I'd like to say yes, but I don't know anything about TrueCrypt.

I use BestCrypt from Jetico.  It's a commercial product, and it covers
all the bases.

http://www.jetico.com/

They have great descriptions of what they do, too.

The same encrypted containers work on both MSW and Linux.

Jeff

--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA  92517