LINUX-L 2007

Re: Hard Disk Sanitization

Jeff Lasman <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:01:28 -0800

text/plain

On Sunday 21 January 2007 08:51 am, Matt wrote:

> What are some tools to securely erase a hard disk?

Going back to the original question after these ten days ...

I don't think I saw any references to hardware tools.

So I thought I'd add that we picked up an ATA->USB adapter at one of
those computer swap meets recently.  We found one with an included
power supply in the box.  I haven't bought one for SATA yet, but I will
look for one.

They make life much easier than installing the drive in a system if you
don't have a testbench available.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA  92408