LINUX-L 2007

Re: thermal adhesive

John Li <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Feb 2007 00:34:49 -0500

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:46:04PM -0500, Jon Lewis wrote:
> Anyone know where I can pick up some thermal epoxy locally?  The anchors
> for the i845 heat sink fell off my Soyo motherboard, and aparently the
> lack of an i845 heat sink is why my home PC has been locking up daily.

When I pieced together my first system a few years ago, I called what
seemed like every computer shop in town. None of them had any paste in
stock.

I've heard that Computer Whiz sometimes will give out paste if they have
lots of it laying about.

> If anyone has some spare, I only need a tiny amount.  Enough to cover
> about 1/4 cm^2.

I still have the tube of Arctic Silver (Now With More Silver!(tm)) I
used for that first system. I'm pretty sure there's still a decent
amount in it. If you don't need it immediately, I can bring it to the
LUG meeting. Let me know otherwise :)

Merrily Supplying Paste,
Nile

--