LINUX-L 2007

Re: thermal adhesive

Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:58:19 -0500

text/plain

Jon Lewis wrote:
> Anyone know where I can pick up some thermal epoxy locally?  The
> anchors for the i845 heat sink fell off my Soyo motherboard, and
> aparently the lack of an i845 heat sink is why my home PC has been
> locking up daily.
>
> If anyone has some spare, I only need a tiny amount.  Enough to cover
> about 1/4 cm^2.

Gamers always have heatsink toys & pretty lights, so try your nearest
LAN Party <remember those>? ;) I have a collection of heatsinks I pull
from dead boards, comes in handy sometimes & have used dabs of Silicone
RTV on the corners in a pinch to attach some. CompUSA had some real
Arctic Silver heatsink paste & epoxy in JAX last I looked. They also
have a collection of frag tape, heatsinks (possibly a new i845 heatsink)
& cooling items for gearheads that none of the other stores carry. Dunno
if GNV has a CompUSA store, if not there's always newegg.com... I
usually find a reason to spend more than 25 dollars there, when looking
for $2 items too. -HTH Art@JAX

--
Art Wildman - NWS JAX FL. - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jax
"If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will..." - Grateful Dead