LINUX-L 2007

Re: thermal adhesive

Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:51:10 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, John Li wrote:

> I still have the tube of Arctic Silver (Now With More Silver!(tm)) I
> used for that first system. I'm pretty sure there's still a decent
> amount in it. If you don't need it immediately, I can bring it to the
> LUG meeting. Let me know otherwise :)

The JB Weld suggestion gave me the idea of just glueing the fallen anchors
back to the board.  On closer examination, I think that's how they were
put in originally.  I ground off whatever the residue was, and used Krazy
glue (cyanoacrylate).  I gave it about an hour, and then replaced the
heatsink.  So far, it seems to be working.  I figure if it's going to come
loose again, it'll probably happen soon, and if it does, then I'll
reinvestigate the thermal adhesive route.

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |