Up-Coming Occultation

Charles Broward <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:15:23 -0500

text/plain

Hi ATm-Observers,

http://lunar-occultations.com/iota/video/rnvideosetup.htm

The above site describes a possible system for accurately measuring
occultations.

I wonder if the Club would be willing to buy the camera? This could be
plugged into almost any

scope, or even 1/2 a binoviewer to provide real-time viewing too. Maybe...

This particular collection of equipment is probably stuff that we have
already (I have two shortwave receivers). Others might have the vidio
recorder.

Anyway, time is short, and this event will take some preparation.

Check out not only the link above, but peruse the IOTA site too. Lots
of info, and if we are

good, the data could be "real science".

Clear Sky and full junk boxes!

Chuck