Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Saturday Birding Jackson County
From: Edward Woodruff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:13:29 EST

Michael Evans and I traveled to Jackson County to see if the horned larks
were still present.  We checked both the North American Farms fields and  the
original site further down Concord Road without success.  There  continued to be
numerous American pipits and killdeer in the NAF  fields.  Although very few
eastern meadowlarks were in  evidence, robins were everywhere.

Along Concord Road there continue to be a great many sparrows.  We had  white
crowned, white throated, fox, chipping, song, savannah, and vesper.   Palm
warblers, kestrel, northern harrier, red-shouldered and red-tailed  hawks were
also present.

On one of the side roads, we had a nice mixed flock of chickadees,
golden-crowned and ruby-crowned kinglet, blue-headed vireo, and  pine, orange-crowned,
and yellow-rumped warblers.

We stopped at Three Rivers State Park on the return trip to check for  ducks.
 Except for coots, we could not see any waterfowl on the lake.

Ed Woodruff
Tallahassee