Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Black Rail
From: Meret Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:57:42 -0800

Yesterday before it got too windy I had the great
fortune of having a Black Rail cross my path at
Woodruff.  It is only the 2nd time I have ever had a
Black Rail and both occassions were at Woodruff.  I
was about 100 ft south of the left hand turn towards
the path that takes you to the Audubon Observation
Tower.

I also saw an American Bittern, 2 Wilson's Snipes, 2
Barred Owls calling each other, and of course, the
Whooping Cranes.  Otherwise it was REALLY slow there.

On my way home through Deland I checked out Gertie
Lake off the 17/92 extention and Stone Street and
found a Spotted Sandpiper.

Meret Wilson
Ormond Beach