LISTSERV Archives

GSAMENSISSUES-L Home

GSAMENSISSUES-L  March 2007

GSAMENSISSUES-L March 2007

29 March deadline for abstracts for GSA

Kate Davidson <[log in to unmask]>

GSA Mens' Issues SIG <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:52:51 -0000

text/plain

Just to remind everyone that the deadline for GSA abstracts has been
extended to March 29.  If like me you heaved a sigh of relief and added
the task to the 'round tuit' pile, it's time to think about it again.

I know quite a few of you have plans to submit individual papers and
posters but I was thinking it would be good to organise another
symposium this year and thought we could have a set of papers on "Man
Management" (probably a very dated term!).  I was thinking along the
lines of managing loss (spouse, self-esteem, health, sense of
masculinity etc), managing caring, managing retirement, managing
work/education and so on. In other words, almost anything as long as
issues of active control over late life circumstances can be seen to be
the thread.  Come back to me with some ideas and I'm sure we can put
something together in the next 10 days or so.

With all good wishes from a glorious UK Spring day.

Kate

Dr Kate Davidson

Senior Lecturer

Centre for Research on Ageing and Gender

Department of Sociology

University of Surrey

GUILDFORD

GU2 7XH

+44 1483 683964

President of the British Society of Gerontology

Co-Director of the Centre for Research on Ageing and Gender

www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/kate_davidson.htm

www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/crag

www.britishgerontology.org