]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GSAMENSISSUES-L Home

GSAMENSISSUES-L  March 2007

GSAMENSISSUES-L March 2007

Re: 29 March deadline for abstracts for GSA

Bennett Kate <[log in to unmask]>

GSA Mens' Issues SIG <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:14:18 +0000

text/plain

Hi Kate

Just a quick email to say I'd be interested.
  Will send you some ideas when I have a minute or two.
Love
Kate
On 15 Mar 2007, at 13:52, Kate Davidson wrote:

> Just to remind everyone that the deadline for GSA abstracts has been
> extended to March 29.  If like me you heaved a sigh of relief and
> added
> the task to the 'round tuit' pile, it's time to think about it again.
>
> I know quite a few of you have plans to submit individual papers and
> posters but I was thinking it would be good to organise another
> symposium this year and thought we could have a set of papers on "Man
> Management" (probably a very dated term!).  I was thinking along the
> lines of managing loss (spouse, self-esteem, health, sense of
> masculinity etc), managing caring, managing retirement, managing
> work/education and so on. In other words, almost anything as long as
> issues of active control over late life circumstances can be seen
> to be
> the thread.  Come back to me with some ideas and I'm sure we can put
> something together in the next 10 days or so.
>
> With all good wishes from a glorious UK Spring day.
>
> Kate
>

> Dr Kate Davidson
>
> Senior Lecturer
>
> Centre for Research on Ageing and Gender
>
> Department of Sociology
>
> University of Surrey
>
> GUILDFORD
>
> GU2 7XH
>

> +44 1483 683964
>

> President of the British Society of Gerontology
>
> Co-Director of the Centre for Research on Ageing and Gender
>

> www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/kate_davidson.htm
>
> www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/crag
>
> www.britishgerontology.org

Please take part in my web experiment (it's quick and fun)
http://www.liv.ac.uk/VP/stick/sti_intro.html

Dr Kate M Bennett                         Tel: 0151 794 1410
Senior Lecturer                              Tel: 0151 794 2957
School of Psychology                   Fax: 0151 794 6937
University of Liverpool              http://www.liv.ac.uk/~kmb/
Eleanor Rathbone Building            http://www.liv.ac.uk/Psychology/
Bedford Street South
Liverpool L69 7ZA