***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
We need a tool(s) to do the following:
1) Monitor in real time the email on 45 Microsoft Outlook Servers each of
which has 4,000 users and extract those emails whose subject field or
message body contains one or more words on a spot list.
2) Save the entire email containing a spotted word(s) in a central file.
3) Every few minutes, 24 hours a day, run a network analysis of the
who-to-whom network based on message headers and make available for
display in a dashboard window.
4) At the same time, run a network analysis of the word cooccurrences,
based on a proximity value, contained in the message bodies and display in
5) Plot the network of words and the network of people on the same graph in
6) List the people nodes in descending order of centrality in another window
7) List the word nodes in descending order of centrality in another window.
8) From a combined network of people and words list the nodes (either
people or words) in descending order of centrality in another window.
9) Produce in real time an animation of the people, word, and people plus
word networks given user choices as to network type and time slice and
display in another dashboard window.
Any suggestions of tools for any phases of this analysis or suggestions
about other project aspects are most appreciated.
James A. Danowski
Department of Communication
University of Illinois at Chicago
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.