Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: FW: predicting attribute data using network structure
From: Garry Robins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:12:50 +1100

Vaclav,

There are several important social influence and contagion modeling
approaches that you should look at. Noah Friedkin's book readily comes
to mind. Good earlier sources are the chapters on diffusion and social
influence in the Wasserman and Galaskiewicz 1994 book. Tom Valente's
chapter in the more recent Carrington volume reviews diffusion of
innovation research.

In the p* tradition, we did some work on social influence models a
little while ago: Robins, G.L., Pattison, P, & Elliott, P. (2001).
Network models for social influence processes. Psychometrika, 66,
161-190.  Our group has started to update some of these models and
Galina Daraganova will be talking about these more recent developments
at sunbelt in Corfu.

Garry Robins
Department of Psychology
School of Behavioural Science