Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Pajek Partition question
From: jenine harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:37:57 -0500

Hi networkers,

I have a large-ish directed network (1877 nodes) in Pajek with a partition
that classifies each node into one of two categories. For the most part the
nodes in each category only are connected to other nodes in the same
category (Category A --> Category A). However, there is a proportion of
nodes that are linked to nodes in the other category (Category A -->
Category B). Is there a way in Pajek to extract/identify these nodes that
are involved in cross-category connections? I've gone through the book and
have moderate experience with the software and still just can't come up with
anything. My final goal here is to make a new partition with Category A,
Category B, and Category AB which would be those nodes involved in cross
category connections.

I also have access to UCINET, but am much more comfortable with Pajek.

Thanks in advance for your help.

See you in Corfu!

jenine

--
Jenine Harris, Senior Research Assistant