]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BEST-L Home

BEST-L  April 2007

BEST-L April 2007

FW: American Solar Energy Society leadership positions open

Brian Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Brian Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:22:02 -0400

text/plain

Greetings ASES members and renewable energy advocates,

We are looking for people to take leadership roles in ASES for next
year. The roles of President, Vice-president, Secretary, and Treasurer
are all up for grabs! No matter what your major, if you want to gain
experience and build your resume please consider this opportunity.
Climate change, air and water pollution, foreign oil dependence, and
other factors are driving our society and economy towards renewable
energy at an increasing pace. If you want to be involved in this
movement whether from an ethical perspective or a career opportunity
perspective, ASES would be a great avenue to gain experience and get
networked.

So far we coordinate the Gainesville Solar Tour, collaborate with other
campus groups for several tabling sessions, and invite around 2 or 3
guest speakers in the field per semester. We are also currently working
on the ASES Solar Trike project, an electric-assist, solar charged,
recumbent tricycle for commuting. We are also involved in helping with
the student renewable energy fee and might eventually play a role in
deciding how the money will be spent. We are members of the Benton
Engineering Council and receive approximately $500 per year for events
and projects. The possibilities for events and projects are numerous and
they keep increasing as UF, Gainesville, Florida, and our nation catch
on to the vision of a renewable energy future. Everything we do is based
on the availability and cost of energy and renewable energy will
certainly be a key player in our energy future…it is happening now.

If you want to be involved next year as an officer, email me as soon as
possible to discuss your interest.

Sincerely,
Nate Mitten
PhD Candidate
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
President, American Solar Energy Society at UF