Re: Help with CSS rollover buttons

"Mutlu, Berna" <[log in to unmask]>

UF Web types <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:11:12 -0400

text/plain

It looks like the code was created through Fireworks. It realy is
not clean like a handwritten code, and that is why I find it very
confusing. I know some JavaScript, but I haven't seen anything so
messy. I know CSS as well, not drop-down menus. Simple rollover
buttons are easy where you swap one image with another, but this
drop-down menu business is a little more complicated.

I have time constraints as well. I really want to get this done,
so for the time being, it would be great if you could just help me
figure out how to add another drop-down menu button into the
already existing code. I would really really appreaciate it. If
any of you out there can take a look at the code, it is at
www.oacr.ufl.edu.

Thanks.
Berna

On Fri Aug 17 16:49:02 EDT 2007, "Mills,Ryan S" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> If you're expected to upkeep this code from now on, it's not too
> bad an idea to scrap the whole thing and start over from scratch,
> that way you'll be intimately familiar with the workings of the
> code you write and won't be thrown off by the "too dense" code
> already in place.  Take it as an opportunity to update the design
> of the page, give it a fresh look.  You can learn how to program
> rollovers in either javascript or CSS (or both) as you go.  Get a
> book or two from http://www.oreilly.com/
>
> But I suggest don't take down what's already there until you've
> got a fully working replacement.  Build your new site in a test
> folder, that's what relative paths were invented for :)
>

> Ryan Mills
> IT Expert
> IFAS - Program Development and Evaluation Center
> 352-392-0386

**

Berna Mutlu
PO Box 117048
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32608
Phone: 352-226-0193
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

**
"Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving
of right answers."
-- Josef Albers (1888-1976)

**
"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing
without work."
--Emile Zola (1840-1902)

**
"A scientist is neither wholly speculative and like a spider
spinning his web from his own substance, nor wholly empirical and
like an ant collecting data into a heap, but like the bee feeding
on the nectar it gathers, digesting it, and so transmuting it into
the purest honey."
-- Francis Bacon (1561-1626)