Book Reviews for Social Networks

Charles Kadushin <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:40:20 -0400

text/plain

I am the new book review editor for Social Networks. I am continuing the
format set by Barry and Bev Wellman that allows for a more extensive
essay on the topic covered by one or more books, rather than the usual
summary of key points of a book and a critique. We are rather grandly
hoping for something like the essays in New York Review of Books or TLS
that informs the reader about the topic being discussed. This gives a
chance to the reviewer to discuss a topic without some of the
constraints of a tight academic review. Material published on the topic
as journal articles may also be cited. The manuscripts are not peer
reviewed, but the book review editor and the journal editors, if they
wish, have a say about what is presented as well as how it is presented.

I am soliciting ideas for review topics as well as reviewers. Perhaps
needless to say, potential reviewers must disclose to the editor any
relationships they may have to the authors, as well as any potential
conflicts of interests.

Currently, I am soliciting a review on the topic of Social Marketing.
There are several relatively recent books as starting points:

Social Networks and Marketing, by Christophe Van den Bulte and Stefan
Wuyts, Marketing Science Institute, 2007.
Andy Sernovitz and Guy Kawasaki, Word of Mouth Marketing: How smart
companies get people talking. Kaplan Publishing, 2006
Mark Hughes, Buzz Marketing, Penguin 2006
Dave Balter and John Butman, Grapevine: the new art of word-of-mouth
marketing. Penguin 2005.

Please reply directly to me.

--

Charles Kadushin
Distinguished Scholar, Cohen Center for Modern Jewish Studies

Voice: 212-865-4369
FAX:   646-383-8505

http://home.earthlink.net/~ckadushin/index.html
http://www.cmjs.org//