South Jax - Nighthawks

Julie & Bill Cocke <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 2 Sep 2007 20:15:17 -0400

text/plain

It is 8:10 PM as I write, and I have just finished counting 22 Common Nighthawks heading southward. I do realize that's not many, but any are better than none.
This morning I saw 19 Eastern Kingbirds, heard Bobolinks, and then actually counted 140 flying quite low, totaling that number in four flocks. Not many Barn Swallows, but some, and a late Purple Martin (male).
Migrating warblers continue to be practically non-existent.

Julie Cocke
Jacksonville