]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BEST-L Home

BEST-L  October 2007

BEST-L October 2007

Fwd: Environmental Fellowship for graduating seniors

"K.S. Winans" <[log in to unmask]>

K.S. Winans

Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:49:02 -0400

multipart/MIXED (5 lines) , text/plain (102 lines) , Environmental Fellowship job description.doc (102 lines)

Fwd message from Adam Rivera regarding the Environmental
Fellowship for graduating seniors.

Dear Kiara,   I'm writing on behalf of Environment Florida, the statewide advocacy non-profit. I am starting recruitment for our Environmental Fellowship program, which is geared towards raising new young leaders in the environmental movement. I will be on campus at UF to hold an info session for interested seniors on Monday, October 29 and to conduct interviews as well on Tuesday, October 30.   I was hoping you could forward the message I included below to your group's listserv to spread the word. Please let me know if this is possible.   Of course, I'm glad to make myself available to speak to the Bioenergy and Sustainable Technology Society if you'd like, and as always, if you foresee any other avenues of cooperation, definitely let me know.   Best, Adam Rivera Environment Florida Recruitment Director   ---   As a graduating senior you are no doubt trying to decide what you will do next year, or even for the next 5 years. I want to let you know more about opportunities in the environmental advocacy field. www.EnvironmentFlorida.org/jobs   Environment Florida is a state-based environmental advocacy organization and is part of a network of environmental groups nationwide. This year we are hiring graduating college seniors for our fellowship program to determine where this country is going: to solve our energy problems, fight global warming, preserve our open spaces, clean up our air and water, and make an impact on many other environmental issues.   I graduated from the Environmental Fellowship program this past August and now help coordinate organizing for the state Environment groups in Florida and throughout the Southeastern US. I can tell you it's been one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. I will be holding an information session at 6 PM on October 29th in Room 346 in Reitz Union as well as interviews on campus on October 30. I encourage you to participate in either opportunity.   Feel free to contact me via email if you are interested in making a career out of environmental advocacy. For more information I invite you to check out our website, or send me an email at: [log in to unmask]   Sincerely,   Adam Rivera Environment Florida Recruitment Director   --- Adam Rivera Environment Florida (p) 850-224-5944 (f) 850-224-1310 [log in to unmask]   926 E. Park Avenue Tallahassee, FL 32301