***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
It gives me unquantifiable amounts of joy to announce that the JCMC
special theme issue on "Social Network Sites" is now completely
birthed. It was a long and intense labor, but all eight newborn
articles are doing just fine and the new mommies are as proud as
could be. So please, join us in our celebration by heading on over
to the Journal for Computer-Mediated Communication and snuggling up
to an article or two. The more you love them, the more they'll prosper!
JCMC Special Theme Issue on "Social Network Sites"
Guest Editors: danah boyd and Nicole Ellison
- "Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship" by
danah boyd and Nicole Ellison
- "Signals in Social Supernets" by Judith Donath
- "Social Network Profiles as Taste Performances" by Hugo Liu
- "Whose Space? Differences Among Users and Non-Users of Social
Network Sites" by Eszter Hargittai
- "Cying for Me, Cying for Us: Relational Dialectics in a Korean
Social Network Site" by Kyung-Hee Kim and Haejin Yun
- "Public Discourse, Community Concerns, and Civic Engagement:
Exploring Black Social Networking Traditions on BlackPlanet.com" by
- "Mobile Social Networks and Social Practice: A Case Study of
Dodgeball" by Lee Humphreys
- "Publicly Private and Privately Public: Social Networking on
YouTube" by Patricia Lange
Please feel free to pass this announcement on to anyone you think
might find value from this special issue.
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.