Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: NE St.Pete Migrants
From: Don Margeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Nov 2007 20:42:02 EDT

It was raptor night from our 4th floor deck, but we also have lots of
warblers in the neighborhood. We have multiple Yellow-rumpeds as well as the  normal
wintering species. I found what I thought was a Wilson's Warbler in a
Preserve area bordering my backyard yesterday. This afternoon around 4:00PM  from
our 4th floor deck, I saw it again as it and a Pine Warbler were flushed  from
our backyard by an unidentified raptor. Later about 6:00PM I watched as the
Wilson's, 3 Prairies and an unidentified Warbler lifted off to migrate toward
the southwest. We were also lucky enough to watch an adult male Sharp-shinned
doing it's courtship flight antics right over our deck. Please reply off list
for pics. Migrant Cormorants, Catlle Egrets, Black and Turkey Vultures are in
in  full force.

18) Palm Warbler
8) Yellow-rumped Warbler
8) Pine Warbler
5) Northern Parula
3) Yellow-throated Warbler
2) Prairie Warbler ( not counting the 3 that left )
2) Black-and-White Warbler
2) Orange-crowned Warbler
1) Magnolia Warbler ( also migrating, separate from the others )
2) Ruby-crowned kinglet
6) Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
2) Gray Catbird
2) Carolina Wren