]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2008

GRADSTUDENT-L 2008

Spanish and Portuguese Interdisciplinary Colloquium Submission Deadline: December 12

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:04:04 -0500

text/plain

We, the graduate students of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies at The University of Florida, cordially invite submissions for our 4th Annual Interdisciplinary Colloquium on Spanish and Latin American Literatures, Linguistics, and Cultures.

The colloquium will bring together graduate students and professors from a wide variety of disciplines whose work explores the concepts of "Language & Space: Lenguaje y espacio".

This event will take place February 19th - 21st, 2009

We accept readings in Spanish, English, and Portuguese.

The colloquium will feature three outstanding Keynote Speakers:

Dr. Nydia Flores-Ferrán
Linguistics
Rutgers University

Dr. Elena Gascón-Vera
Spanish Literature and Culture
Wellesley College

Dr. Milagros Peña
Latin American Studies
University of Florida

Please send your one page, single-space, abstract attached as a Word document to [log in to unmask] by December 12th, 2008.

Highly qualified papers will be considered for publication in our Online Academic Journal Sin Frontera.

If you could please forward this message to people who might be interested in participating, that would be truly appreciated.

For specifics, please see the attachment. Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Organizing Committee
IV Interdisciplinary Colloquium on Spanish and Latin American Literatures, Linguistics, and Cultures
University of Florida
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
170 Dauer Hall
Phone: (352) 392-2016