]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  January 2008

SOCNET January 2008

Re: SNA in Disaster Management or P2P online lending

"Paul B. Hartzog" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:53:28 -0500

text/plain

I also highly recommend:

Perrow, C.: Normal Accidents: Living with High Risk Technologies.
http://press.princeton.edu/titles/6596.html

-p

On Jan 23, 2008 8:56 PM, Eric Jones ECJONES4 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Rakhi,
>
> Question on networks and disasters was asked last year, here are some of
> the results:
>
> Topper, Curt M. and Kathleen M. Carley. 1999. "A Structural Perspective on
> the Emergence of Network Organizations." The Journal of Mathematical
> Sociology, 24(1): 67-96.
>
> Perrow, Charles. 1999. "Organizing to Reduce the Vulnerabilities of
> Complexity." Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, 7(3): 150-155.
> more theoretical than empirical or methodological.
>
> Tierney, K. J.  1985.  "Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response in
> Disasters:  The Need for Interorganizational Co-Ordination," Public
> Administration Review  45:77-84.
>
> Drabek, Thomas E; McEntire, David A. 2002. "Emergent Phenomena and
> Multiorganizational Coordination in Disasters: Lessons from the Research
> Literature." International Journal of Mass Emergencies and Disasters,
> 20(2): 197-224
>
> Cornwell, Benjamin. 2003. "Bonded Fatalities: Relational and Ecological
> Dimensions of a Fire Evacuation." The Sociological Quarterly 44 (4):
> 617-38.
>
> Communication, Coherence, and Collective Action: The Impact of Hurricane
> Katrina on Communications Infrastructure." Public Works Management &
> Policy, Vol. 10, No. 4, April 2006: 328-343.
>
> Deborah Gibbons,"Asymmetric Information Processes in Extreme Events: The 26
> December 2004 Sumatran Earthquake and Tsunami." 2006. In Deborah Gibbons,
> Editor. Communicable Crises: Prevention, Management, and Resolution.
> International Public Management Association. Forthcoming. A paper analyzing
> response operations in Indonesia.
>
> Kapucu, Naim and Montgomery Van Wart. (2006). "The Emerging Role of the
> Public Sector in Managing Extreme Events: Lessons Learned," Administration
> & Society. Volume 38 (3): 279-308.
>
> Kapucu, Naim. (2006). "Interagency Communication Networks during
> Emergencies: Boundary Spanners in Multi-agency Coordination," The American
> Review of Public Administration (ARPA).Volume 36 (2): 207-225.
>
> Corbacioglu,  Sitki & Naim Kapucu. (2006). "Organizational Learning and
> Self-Adaptation in Dynamic Environments of Disasters," Disasters: The
> Journal of Disaster Studies, Policy, and Management, Volume 30 (2): 212-233
> (authors listed in alphabetical order).
>
> Comfort, Louise K. and Naim Kapucu. (2006). "Inter-organizational
> Coordination in Extreme Events: The World Trade Center Attack, September
> 11, 2001," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the
> Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards. 39 (2): xx. (Forthcoming)
>
> Corbacioglu,  Sitki & Naim Kapucu. (2005). "Intergovernmental Relations in
> Response to the 1999 Marmara Earthquake in Turkey: A Network Analysis,"
> International Journal of Mass Emergencies and Disasters. Volume 23(3):
> 73*102.
>
> Kapucu, Naim. (2006). "Public-Nonprofit Partnerships for Collective Action
> [...]

http://www.PaulBHartzog.org
http://www.panarchy.com
The Universe is made up of stories, not atoms.
                 --Muriel Rukeyser

See differently, then you will act differently.
                 --Paul B. Hartzog