Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Florida's second Broad-billed Hummingbird
From: Fred Dietrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:22:48 -0800

This morning Fred Bassett and I went to Jacksonville where we caught and banded an adult male Broad-billed hummingbird, Florida's second.  We arrived at 7:15am and the bird showed up at 8:15.  After sitting in a bush for some time it went up to and finally into the trap.  I have posted some photos of the bird at: pbase.com/fdietrich/broadb2  The bird has been there since New Year's day.  An earlier post on Floridabirds has some more information about the bird.

Fred Dietrich
Tallahassee, FL