Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Directions to Carillon, Pinellas Co
From: Judy Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:08:49 -0500

In my previous email, I had intended on pasting in Brian Ahern's directions
to Carillon from the listserv archives and sent it without them.

Carillon is part of a St. Petersburg business development with very large
buildings occupied by such businesses as Raymond James and a hotel.  It also
includes homes.  The boardwalk is kind of in the middle of one of the groups
of buildings near a tower with bells.  During the business week, some of the
parking lots can be full.

I have never heard anyone indicate that it wasn't ok to be walking there,
probably since the residents in part of the complex, also use the boardwalk.
Here is Brian's directions from a post a few years ago.

"From I-275 take the Ulmerton Rd Exit at the second light (Carillon Business
Park Entrance) make a left. At the first stop sign make a left, at the next
stop sign also make a left. Take the first immediate right. To your left is
a red brick building and on your right is the large pond. Right after the
building is a parking lot, that's where I usually park and have never had a
problem. Walk down to the boardwalk on the pond. The areas with cattails is
where you want to listen for the Rails, best time is usually just before
dawn."

Judy

Judy Fisher
Seminole, Fl