Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Bird Year finally about set to reach Florida (after 8000 miles and 436 birds!)
From: Ken Madsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:40:26 -0500

Hi all - we sent a message to the listserve (seems like ages ago) about our Bird Year - a year of birding without using any fossil fuels. Malkolm, the now 16-year-old brainchild of the project now has 436 birds on his list since we cycled south from the Yukon in June.

 We are about to cycle into the Florida Panhandle and would love to hear about the following birds:
 1) places to see American Woodcocks, Lesser Black-backed Gulls, American Black Ducks, a "natural" population of Red-cockaded Woodpeckers - and any other interesting vagrants that might be around!

 Thanks! Ken, Malkolm and Wendy

 ps - we are doing a few presentations about our project in Florida - the first in Clearwater on Feb 3rd, Cape Canaveral on March 15th & Gainesville on March 20th - the details are all on our website www.birdyear.com

Ken Madsen
  website: www.birdyear.com
  email: [log in to unmask]