Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Located and photographed the Barred Owl at John Chestnut Park in Pinellas County
From: David Laliberte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:56:44 -0800

  Hi all:
  I got a very brief glimpse of the back of this bird for the Pinellas North County CBC at John Chestnut, Sr, Park back in December.  On the CBC I did not get out to this park until after 10 am.  After this I planned on getting out there again but earlier to try to re-find this owl.  This am. I arrived at 7 as the park opened the gates and headed straight for the board walk where I had last glimpsed this bird.  At this hour the light was not real good for photographing birds but I guess I did ok in getting several more complete images of this bird.  Included below are the links to these pix that I have posted.
  Barred Owl
  011408M; 0835-0851
  Clear, cool, little or no breeze, day, light not the greatest at this hour of the day; John Chestnut Park, Sr, Pinellas Co., FL
  Observed this bird on the board walk entrance at #13 Picnic shelter & grill.  It flew to several different perches.  This area is not far from where I saw this bird on the Pinellas North County CBC.
  Happy birding
  David Laliberte
  St. Pete, FL
  Barred Owl pix linx