From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 12:43 AM
Subject: Dedee DeLongpré
Can you pass this Job Description around to any of your graduate students who you may think qualify.
Chief Scientist – Climate Change Services
SUMMARY Provide technical support to the Climate Change Services business line with the objective of selling and executing high- quality carbon management services to firm’s base of industrial clients. This position will play a role in continuing to build the firm as a leading provider of emerging carbon consulting services, specifically in the climate change arena. This role will assist with a growing a team of seasoned, high-quality professionals who will help serve firm’s client needs and grow the practice area. The preferred location for this position is in Florida. This is an opportunity to be part of the “Pioneer” group at a new emerging firm. Compensation package will be competitive with industry and equity ownership participation will be part of the compensation package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist firm’s client needs in carbon management (both in Florida and throughout the US)
2. Provide technical and strategic advisement to clients on carbon strategy, greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories, GHG reduction options, and GHG offsets.
3. Provide creative depth to the business line. Continually monitor/evaluate the US and international GHG market to ensure that the firm is well- positioned to provide services “beyond compliance” to our client base.
4. Implement aggressive sales and marketing strategies to help galvanize firm’s presence in the Gulf-South GHG market.
6. Provide leadership in the business line by presenting at conferences, writing professional papers, and teaching professional education courses – be a recognized consultant in the GHG market space
7. Provide internal support to firm by assisting with technical GHG articles for client newsletters and website GHG material.
8. Develop and refine carbon footprinting methodology and approach.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: An advanced degree, such as an MS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering or technical degree is desired. The candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must also have a high degree of computer literacy, including basic programming, word processing, spreadsheet skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office software package. Experience at a Carbon Consulting firm is a MAJOR PLUS and can replace part of the education requirement.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and prepare business correspondence to fit a wide variety of audiences. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
LOCATION: Must be willing to relocate to South Florida.
1850 Lake Drive
Delray Beach, FL 33444
[log in to unmask]
(561) 241-8171 (home)
(561) 272-1206 (fax)
(561) 901-1102 (mobile)
Help the environment and don't print this email unless you really need to!
Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home <http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&ncid=aolhom00030000000001> .