FLORIDABIRDS-L April 2008, Week 2

St Augustine Brown Booby still here

Diane Reed <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:04:58 EDT

text/plain

Hello all,
   Several people from our Nature Festival have reported and  photographed
the brown booby at the St. Augustine Fishing Pier.  I went out  there today at
5pm and the bird can be located on the pier (50 cents entry) as  it sits with
the pelicans waiting to be fed by the fishermen.  There is  some sort of white
storage building on the pier and the bird seems to enjoy  sitting beside it.
Some of the photographers have seen it at sunrise  around 6AM or so on the
pier.  This bird is very tame and you can approach  it very closely.  It seems to
be well and in good health.  I would  recommend early morning and late
afternoon to see this bird.
    thanks,
diane reed
st.augustine, fl