Skip repetitive navigational links

Call to Conference in CT!

"Delohery, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:36:29 -0400

text/plain

Biannual Conference on Writing Across a Critical Thinking Continuum
November 21-22, 2008
We are very pleased to invite you to the second bi-annual conference on Writing and Critical Thinking at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT.  The conference explores the relationship between critical and creative thinking strategies to writing processes across our curricula and disciplinary domains.  Our website provides complete details about the registering for the conference.  To access our conference page to access the full conference program, travel to Hamden, CT, and to register for the conference please click on: https://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1049.xml

The keynote address will be given by Jonathan Monroe of Cornell University. He is  the George Reed Professor of Writing and Rhetoric, and former director of the John S. Knight Institute for Writing in the Disciplines at Cornell University is the author A Poverty of Objects: The Prose Poem and the Politics of Genre (Cornell), and editor and co-author of Local Knowledges, Local Practices: Writing in the Disciplines at Cornell (Pittsburgh) and Writing and Revising the Disciplines (Cornell).  Dr. Monroe will speak about the connections between writing and critical thinking in his presentation entitled "Is Critical Thinking a Liberal Art:  Contemporary Poetry in (as) Higher Education."  Many other WAC professionals have prepared presentations centered around our three themes of (re)defining the continuum between writing and thinking, (re)possessing the continuum of writing and thinking in the disciplines and (re)addressing the continuum of thinking and writing iterations.

There will a preconference meeting of New England Region WAC Directors<https://www.quinnipiac.edu/x4024.xml> on Friday, November 21, from 3-5 p.m. If you would like to attend this meeting, please contact Bob Smart at