Homecoming Parade

Allan Pither <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:44:00 -0400

text/plain

Hi Dante and All:

I thank ya'll ( UF Students, Faculty, Staff  'n Girls Club ) --  What a
superb addition to our "flotilla""  for a very wonderful happening !!!

We may have been the 1st ( I like being 1st ) 2 Float / 3 Groups
Flotilla Armada in UF Homecoming History --  The 85th !!!
Also, by my calculations, we had something like 66 participants  --
Shhhhhh,  Blue Key said max of 40 (however with 2 floats we may have
gone up to 80)...Ok, OK, Ok, So like who;s counting?

My goals were a SAFE, FUN and REWARDING Time  --   IT HAPPENED   --
Promoting our respective expertise as AVANT GUARD Student Organizations,
as well as, the community in which we operate  --  UF / GARC / SSDC /
Gainesville Girls Club  --  and the incredible things we do:  I takes a
community  -- We are IT  /  And We Did IT!!!

In addition, We sincerely thank, Cathy 'n Gene Honeycutt  for the use of
their trailer,  and having Erin be my RIGHT HAND Gal for the parade.
( For those of you that may not have met Erin, She is an emerging
Olympic Class Swimmer:  GO ERIN!!!  )

Couple of Q's:
1.  Girls Club: Do your have list of Club Members and adults in Parade
Picture?
2.  GARC / SSDC  - List of folks in  picture?
3.  Jimmy  -- Can forward our group photo, I may be able to put together
a "big plot" of the WINNING TEAM, annotated with names.

I worked with and met so many wonderful folks, as always, in the
O'Connel Center Staging Area; (Parenthetically, I have been in something
like 20 UF Homecoming Parades.}

Many, many,  thanks, to the 85th UF Home Coming Blue  Key Homecoming
Parade Committee, Allan  73's  KG4JCC

Allan