***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
I just wanted to share a call ffor papers that might be relevant; please
consider submitting to this workshop. Considering the organizers, it is
likely to lean heavy on the computer side of things...
*Workshop on Modeling, Managing, and Mining of Evolving Social Networks
(M3SN) In conjunction with the 25th International Conference on Data
Engineering ICDE'09, Shanghai, China, March 29, 2009 **
Adaptation of existing approaches in search and advertising to social
networks is not straight-forward as well: the standard advertising models
used in the context of sponsored search appear to break down when applied to
social networks and searching for people, contacts or shared interests is
very different from the search over documents studied in information
retrieval. Exploiting the profusion of information within the social network
requires deeper collaboration amongst research areas as diverse as graph
theory to sociology to economics, with effective data engineering methods to
assure scalability of the resulting methods.
In this workshop, we aim to address some of these open research challenges
in modeling and mining of dynamic social networks. In particular, we focus
on research related to the following topics:
Topics of Interest
- Modeling of Social Networks
- Evolutionary models for social networks.
- Privacy and security issues.
- Modeling trust and reputation in social networks.
- Importance of friendship links in social recommender systems.
- Impact of recommendation models on the evolution of the social
- Classification models and their application in social recommender
- Advertisement models
- Influence models and their application in social environment.
- Social advertising.
- Use of social networks for marketing.
- Search in social media
- Web page ranking informed by social media.
- Expertise discovery.
- Collaborative Filtering.
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.